Sunday, January 11, 2009

1st ride of the year + gear review.

Set out this afternoon planning on riding up to dodge park, but as usual I didn't bother checking the weather and was woefully under dresses for the wind. So I headed east to CB hoping for at least marginally better conditions. Only rode for bout an hour and a half.. didn't take much before I was hurtin. I'm not sure I even sat on a bike in December.



The good thing about today's short and boring ride was that I finally got to test out the new tires, hat, and pants I got for this winter. The tires, some maxxis cross tires I got at extreme were pretty good in the snow. Not that this snow was a big deal by any means, but juding by the tracks in the snow I had a lot better luck than the cyclists that came before me. The 02 rain pants I got worked pretty well over a pair of tights. Not as warm as I hoped, but with shoe covers on, I was bone dry. And the new hat I bought? Almost awesome. Its a insulated cycling catp I got from the trek store. Looks cool, pretty warm, but just not big enough to cover my dome and ears. Looks cool, but one size fits everyone but me.

No comments: