Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Bike First Impressions...

First, I am glad I got the Long Haul Trucker over the X-Check. I got to work today and I do not even feel like I have been on a bike. It is really smooth. The parts of the ride that use to vibrate me to death on the LeMond were smooth rolling today.

It only took me 45 minutes to get here but I also cut the route down to about 11.5 miles. I took the direct approach. I will have to see if I can do this riding home. But it is nice that riding to work and stopping out of the way for a quick coffee is only an hour.

The weird thing is that the bike feels more like a 58" than a 56". I have ridden two 56" and i thought the stand over was lower. Also the bar reach seems longer than I remember. I will have to let it settle in and see if it positive or a negative.

I love the higher stem. I actually used the drops and it was really comfortable.

It is of course way heavier then my Lemond was and I noticed it on starts especially. But once I was rolling I just kept the momentum up just like I do on my SS MTB and it was easy to get up the city hills.

Well go take it for a spin over lunch now also.

No comments: