Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Ride home and the drive in...

2 days and about 70 miles. that is 12 dollars in gas.

I rode the new bike to work two days in a row. I have a decent route home that seems pretty safe. There is a great short hill around 79 to 75th street right before Pipal Park.




My back started hurting on the ride home yesterday. I am not sure what happened or why, but it was really bad when i breathed deep on the right side right around the last lower ribs. So, I drove to work today. Driving is STRESSFUL. Bleh. Maybe not having that stress first thing in the morning is the reason my days at work seemed better.

I think the hardest thing is getting up earlier to eat and the extra time to ride. I have found that if I don't try to go fast and just keep a steady pace I am not worn out at all. I think i use to try to get to work as fast as I could and the made me really tired all day. Now I feel great if i take it easy.

1 comment:

chris said...

I was gonna post a map of my commute, but that'd just be mean.