Sunday, April 20, 2008

the long weekend...

So I woke up saturday morning and headed for Platte River State Park. I didn't even know how to get there, so I thought walking the trail and fixing it up would be the best way to learn it. I got to meet some new people and learn that it may become my favorite trail around here, beating out Jewell. 


I am going to head out there tomorrow after work. I should be there between 5:30 and 5:45. Broken Rib girl (Lynden) is gonna get her walk on while I ride it. If anyone wants to come let me know. We can meet up.

Saturday night was Julie's Wedding. There was an open bar and they had Dr. Pepper. So it was Vodka/Dr. Pepper time. It was too many Vodka/Dr. Pepper time. I felt it when i woke up this morning to head to Swanson to meet someone about a Yakima Load Warrior on craigslist and then do more trail work.  I think most people will like the changes. the Uptop after tetanus ridge is a faster line and no longer Just milage for milage sake. I also learned a hidden line from Mark that makes the end of it more speed oriented. I love that. When the new parts harden it should be pretty sweet. 

So after that I rode two laps with Anne, Mark, Troy, Charlie, and .... one other person whose name escapes me. I was the slow guy. :)    But for only being on a Bike for two years and having a mountain bike for less then a year, I did not feel that bad about it. On the second lap, the calfs were cramping up and that kinda sucked but I just remembered riding in Zero degree weather and sucked it up.  Oatmeal for breakfast, I found out, is not enough for spending 6 hours working on and riding Swanson.

Some know that I had a weight loss goal of 7 lbs and gain 7lbs of muscle mass by June 24th. Well I changed that. It is now lose 17 lbs and maintain or gain a little muscle mass by June 24th. Since I have already lost 6 lbs in two weeks and Probably 2 more this weekend alone I think I will make it. It is a lot less expensive then a lighter bike. 

There is the wrap up let me know if anyone wants to meet at Platte River State Park tomorrow.

Best...
Robert 

2 comments:

McKag said...

Hey Saturday night was my wedding reception too, and there was an open bar, and 4 kegs (boulevard). Did Julie have a dessert buffet with ice cream, 5 types of cheesecake, 3 types of cookies, kolaches and 4 kinds of cake?
Adam

tobeistobex said...

can you have another reception? =]
kolaches sound so good.

congrats!