Saturday, April 26, 2008

TORN!!!!

I have a dilemma, I need a geared bike to ride to work. I have been talking to Kristen about getting a Surly Cross-Check the way I want it built or a complete from Surly. The problem is that I would have to wait at least 1 month to afford a Complete Cross-Check and the first thing I would want to do is change stuff. So more $$$. A Custom Cross-Check is probably 2 months out of saving. So, either way I am losing 1 - 2 months of Riding to work. That blows.

Now, the other option in go pick up a much cheaper commuter bike on Wednesday and start riding to Work next week. It already has fenders and All I would need to add is a rack. So my though process this.... I may buy the cheap one soon. Then Buy the cross-check frame soon after. I pay off my car in July and start using that money to Buy all the parts for the Frame and build it up. That way I end up with the bike I want in the long run, I can start riding very soon, and have an extra bike if a Friend wants to go for a ride. I could also just have flat pedals on the cheaper bike so if I just wanna go get coffee or run to the store, I would still use it.

Those are my thought, any advice?

No comments: