Tuesday, May 20, 2008

tranquil...

I think Tranquility will be my first try at the whole 'race' thing. I rode it saturday with Jim and Lynden. Then sunday did 4 more laps. One with Chris, One with Lynden and 2 alone. The two i did alone I pushed pretty hard and had some decent times.
Today I went out and Did a lap alone and then did another slow lap with Brad before band practice but I attacked the last hill that they are going to cut out of the Beginners race. I was shocked because I went to a 36 X 20 (from a 32 X 20 I had on from Platte) and I just sprinted right up it. I could almost say it was easy. That felt really good.

Maybe I am getting in to OK shape, plus losing 12 pounds in the last few weeks and gaining 3 pounds of muscle probably helps with the hills.

I will probably be there tomorrow with jim and then again thursday with Lynden (if there is no rain) if anyone wants to ride.

I am loving this weather but it looks like the rain is coming which may push camping out a week.

maybe i will try 36 X 18 next week and see what kind of times I can get.

No comments: